Rates for Therapy Sessions
$185 for individual sessions
$250 for the intake sessions
We are now in-network for the following insurance panels:
- BlueCross of Maryland (CareFirst)
We are out-of-network for all other insurance companies. This means we do not take that insurance, and you will pay for counseling at the time of your session and seek reimbursement from your insurance. Below are some benefits of not going through your insurance:
- Increased Autonomy-You work with us is safe even from your insurance company. Insurance companies can audit records, and this means they will be able to see notes from each session.
- No Diagnosis-Billing insurance means getting a mental health diagnosis, which becomes a permanent part of your health record. No billing, no record.
- Ability to Tailor Services-Many health insurance companies restricts the type of services they will cover.
- Less Administration-This is a personal one but does allow more time to focus on how to best care for you and not verifying enrollment and wondering about copays
Your insurance plan might cover out-of-network services. We recommend reviewing your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Does my health insurance plan cover out-of-network mental health services?
- Does my plan limit how many out-of-network sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- How much does my insurance company reimburse for out-of-network services?
If your insurance company does cover out-of-network mental health services and you submit for reimbursement, let us know, and you will be given a superbill for your sessions.
We require that an active credit/debit card is kept on file so that services can automatically be billed. This will reduce the interruptions to services and ensure that you get the most out of your session. A receipt will be provided via email within 24 hours of the payment being processed.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you might be charged for the full rate of the session. If, for any reason, your appointment is canceled by your provider less than 24 hours beforehand, your next scheduled session will be free of charge.
*Please note that free sessions must be used within 30 days of the canceled session.*
Any Other Questions
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!